Monday, April 18, 2011

To grandmother's house we go!

My awesome, sweet grandmother is 87 years old and she is so cute! I hadn't been to her house since Caiden was three months old so I decided to join my mother on her annual trip out to Connecticut this year. I brought along a little extra baggage (my sister Cailin and Paxton) and over all, we had a pretty good time! We mostly just relaxed and visited with grandma who told us a lot of stories and we enjoyed discussing lots of childhood memories. The most fun was making new memories with Paxton and my sweet grandma and hilarious uncle Alan. My grandma is so good with kids and she loved holding him before he'd wriggle out of her grasp and wander away. I'm glad both my kids are fearless and will go to anyone without much of a fight.

There was a beautiful daffodil field that we stopped to pose for some pics by. There were hundreds of these pretty flowers growing in a field nearby my grandma's house.




This was taken on Sunday after church. I wanted to get a four-generation picture while I was there. I must say, I do see some family resemblance until you look at the little boy-guess he takes after his dad!


Paxton with all his Easter egg spoils! They were all filled with money so he was not as happy as he could have been, but it was nice for my cousin to go to all the trouble to do an egg hunt for the kids!


He didn't run and gather up as many as he could, but he had fun whenever he would spot one! It didn't take him long to catch on!


Eating at Crabby-Al's! Yum!



This was my birthday party! My uncle (who is a far better cook than I am) made a delicious lasagna and my mom and grandma whipped up a cheesecake for me! I never go hungry at grandma's house! I'm sure I gained some weight in the week that I was there!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Lovin the blonde hair!

The Peters Family said...

Your hair is looking good!!!
I just got mine cut a few weeks ago...not my favorite job that was done, but it will always grow back, right?
TOTAL family resemblance...excpet for Paxton. Funny how our babies don't look like babies anymore...getting so big so fast.
Can't wait to see you in Aug.!