Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baby Paxton!!

Little Paxton Jay arrived quickly, but safely at 12:20am on Monday January 11th. My contractions started at about 5:15 on Sunday night and were ten minutes apart. I was told to go to the hospital when they were five minutes apart, but that never happened for me. When the pain was absolutely unbearable, and I was certain they would not turn me away at the hospital, we left home at 11:20pm. The contractions suddenly went from 10 minutes apart to 3 minutes and were the worst pain I could imagine. When we finally arrived at the hospital (longest 25 minutes of my life!) the nurse checked me and I was dilated to a ten and the baby was pretty much walking out of me! They raced me through the halls to the delivery room-Jayson and my mom running behind us--called my doctor who arrived lickety-split and I pushed Paxton out before I could even blink! No time for an epidural, just some cuss words and cries of pain to get me through! Man what a rush! We think he is pretty cute, but you can decide for yourself what you think! Caiden is very proud of his new little buddy!
Our arrival home from the hospital!

6 comments:

KT said...

Wow! I've been meaning to email you all day today to see if he was here! What a crazy delivery, my biggest nightmare to be honest w/you.
I would like to get together w/Elisa and Brooke so we can meet the little guy, and visit:)
He's very cute! He reminds me of Jayson again, but I don't know what you think seeing him a lot.. He came so fast, I'm glad it was a time Jayson was home!
What days are good for you?

KT said...

What did he weigh?

lisapenn said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you all. Caiden looks mighty proud to be a big brother. He is sooo cute!
Sounds like my labor and delivery with my Caden. Got there and 21 minutes later, (no epidural) here he comes. Makes for an easy recovery though. You look fantastic! Miss you and love you!

gretchen said...

oh congratulations I am so excited for you. I am glad it went fast just sorry you didn't have time to medicate!!! I've done that once...never want to feel that again. Good luck on the recovery period...hope it goes well and fast!

The Peters Family said...

Yea for Paxton being here! Can't wait to meet him!!!!

Kimberly said...

Yah, he's pretty cute. What a story!