Tuesday, August 3, 2010

9 years and still going!!

Yesterday we celebrated our ninth anniversary! Hard to believe that much time has gone by! We had such a fun day celebrating too! We went boating at Willard Bay with my sister and her husband. Jayson and I had never tried water skiing until yesterday-let's just say that Jayson mastered it faster than I did. He was able to get up and go on his first try! I tried three times with no luck then three times more, but only getting up for maybe five seconds each time. My sister was great at it and made it look really easy, but she's been doing it for years. My brother-in-law was so good at it that he had to show off and hold on with one hand while drinking a can of coke with the other! I'm not even making that up! We have video footage of it!
We also did back flips off the back of the boat, which again Jayson and I had both never done. I have to say I mastered that better than Jayson. But I look worse than he does now because my first two times I hit my legs on the water instead of my feet and now I am bruised on both lower legs-I bruise really easily. Just to brag about myself one more time, I also dive better than Jayson, who had never tried that until yesterday! You guessed it-he belly flopped!
Caiden was really scared to get in the water at first, but he was begging us to let him stay in by the end of the day! He loved riding in the boat and swimming with Jayson and I. Once he knew that the life jacket would really not let him drown he was good!

This is Caiden driving the boat with my brother-in-law Jacob and my sister Cailin! He thought he was so so cool!
We ended the night with dinner at Red Robyn and a movie at home after putting the boys to bed. It was a great way to celebrate if you ask me!






No comments: