Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Making cookies

Jayson loves snickerdoodle cookies. I thought it would be fun to surprise him with cookies when he got home from work! I like to try and capture the moments when I make an attempt at being a good mom cause, believe me, it doesn't happen often! I made sure the boys put plenty of sanitizer on and we got started! Caiden loves to help me "make". He loves using the blender and measuring the ingredients.


Unfortunately, in my mind, these kind of activities play out much better than they actually do in real life. So shortly after we got started I had to eliminate one child from the situation because it was getting out of control-i.e. flour all over the place, the boys fighting over who gets to do what. So Paxton went down for a nap and Caiden and I finished up.

Caiden helped roll the dough into balls and roll it in cinnamon and sugar!

After a long afternoon, the cookies were a success! Jayson came home to warm, homemade cookies, hyped up kids and an ornery wife! Good times!

No comments: